1. The venue of the Competition
Czechowice – Dziedzice (the hometown of Andrzej Krzanowski). The Competition will be organised as part of The 25th Autumn Music Festival “Alkagran’2020” in the Municipal Culture Centre in Czechowice-Dziedzice, Niepodległości 42.
2. The Organisers
The Czechowice – Dziedzice Municipal Office
The Czechowice – Dziedzice Municipal Culture Centre
The Little Academy of Music in Czechowice – Dziedzice
Andrzej Krzanowski Foundation
Polish Accordionist Association
The Public Stanisław Moniuszko Music Schools Complex in Bielsko-Biała
3. The proceedings of the Competition
The Competition has an open formula and is aimed at accordeonists and chamber musicians of all nationalities under 30 years of age (born not earlier than 1990).
The Competition is organised in two categories: the soloists and chamber ensembles category. The bands that can participate in the chamber ensembles category are accordion bands with up to 5 members and chamber ensembles including at least one accordion with up to 5 members. The composition of the band in the chamber ensembles category shall remain the same for the entire competition presentation. A piano may be available on place for the participants.
The auditions in the soloists category consist of two stages. Not more than 12 participants shall be qualified for the 2nd stage.
The auditions in chamber ensembles category consist of one stage only and are organised together for all the instrumental configurations, without any subdivision into categories related to the instrumental or personal composition.
THE SOLOISTS CATEGORY
1st stage: September 29th– 30th 2020
If there are less than 12 qualified participants, the auditions of the 1st stage will start on September 30th.
2nd stage: October 1st 2020
The announcement of the prizewinners’ list: September October 1st 2020.
CHAMBER ENSEMBLES CATEGORY (ACCORDION BANDS with up to five members and CHAMBER ENSEMBLES including at least one accordion with up to five members)
October 1st – 2nd 2020
Announcement of the results of the competition in the solo and chamber categories, awarding prizes and diplomas as well as CONCERT OF COMPETITION WINNERS: October 2, 2020 at 18.00.
The participants of the Competition may take part in both categories and perform in more than one band.
The 1st prize winners of previous editions of Andrzej Krzanowski Competition may take part in the Competition only in a different category or in a different configuration of the chamber ensemble.
4. The order of the competition performances
The soloists category: alphabetical order, starting with the drawn letter. At the request of the participants performing during the concerts of the 25th Autumn Music Festival ‘”Alkagran” it shall be possible to change the date of the competition presentations.
The chamber ensembles category: random order.
The draw shall take place on July 20th 2020 and the participants shall be informed about it on the Competition website in the auditions timetable section. The draw of the starting letter for the 2nd stage shall take place after the announcement of the 1st stage results.
5. The conditions of participation
a) completing the Entry Form – the Participation Card with the consent to the processing of personal data – on the following website: www.alkagran.pl and attaching a photograph (JPG format, min. resolution 640×480 pixels) of a soloist or an ensemble not later than June 30th 2020 (in the chamber ensembles category each member of the ensemble sends their own participation card).
b) paying the entry fee:
The soloists category
200,00 zł (or equivalent in euros according to NBP exchange rate on the date of transferring the money)
The chamber ensemble category (accordion bands)
300,00 zł (or equivalent in euros according to NBP exchange rate on the date of transferring the money) for the entire band (the payment title should include all the names of the band members)
to the following bank account:
Miejski Dom Kultury, ING Bank Śląski S.A. Oddział w Czechowicach-Dziedzicach IBAN PL 84 1050 1256 1000 0001 0263 5281, BIC (SWIFT) code: INGBPLPW, payment title: „Konkurs akordeonowy” not later than July 17th, 2020 (after a confirmation of the conformity of the participation card to the Competition regulations by the Organizer) .
A participant who takes part in both categories shall pay for each performance. In the case of resignation from participation in the Competition, the Competition fee is not refundable.
c) preparing a competition programme in compliance with the repertoire requirements
d) ) signing in the Festival Office before the competition performance a declaration of acceptance of the terms of the competition included in the regulations, the acknowledgement of the information clause and the consent to the use and processing of personal data, in accordance with art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (4.5.2016 L119 / 38 Official Journal of the European Union EN), as well as consent to the non-commercial use and dissemination of the image recorded during the competition in all fields of exploitation.
Only those fulfilling the requirements of these rules and regulations will be allowed to participate in the Competition.
6. Repertoire requirements
THE SOLOISTS CATEGORY
- Grażyna i Andrzej Krzanowscy – Rapsodia (PWM Edition, 1988, 4’10”)
- A virtuoso piece of music at free option (transcription acceptable)
- A piece of music by a composer from the country that the competitor comes from or which they represent. Pieces composed originally for a different instrument than accordion, composed not earlier than 1950 and pieces composed for accordion solo with the use of electronic technologies shall also be allowed.
Duration of the 1st stage: maximum 25 minutes.
- One or several pieces of music by Andrzej Krzanowski at free option (except Rapsodia). The choice of one or several parts of a cycle is allowed.
- A programme at free option consisting of one or several original compositions for accordion solo (pieces composed for accordion solo with the use of electronic technologies shall also be allowed).
Duration of the programme of the 2nd stage:
maximum 30 minutes.
The competition programme may only consist of pieces for accordion solo. The competition programme may be performed from score. In the case of performing a published piece of music, the participants are obliged to possess the original edition of the composition performed. On request of the Organisers, the participants must present the score of the pieces performed.
THE CHAMBER ENSEMBLES CATEGORY: ACCORDION BANDS with up to five members and CHAMBER ENSEMBLE BANDS with up to five members including at least one accordion.
A programme at free option consisting of original compositions for the given band. Pieces with harmonium transcribed for accordion and pieces with the use of electronic technologies are also allowed.
Duration of the programme: maximum 30 minutes.
In the case of performing a published piece of music, the participants are obliged to possess the original edition of the composition performed. On request of the organisers, the participants must present the score of the pieces performed.
The list of published compositions by Andrzej Krzanowski is given on the following website: www.alkagran.pl in the section: Wykaz wydanych utworów Andrzeja Krzanowskiego.
Prizes and honorable distinctions shall be awarded in each category.
1st prize in the soloists category is at least 10 000 zl
1st prize in the chamber ensembles category is at least 8 000 zl
The amount of the other prizes shall be decided by the Competition Jury.
A special prize for the best interpretation of Andrzej Krzanowski’s composition (in both categories) and the “Creative Music” prize for an excellent rendition of a chamber piece are also envisioned.
The awards are subject to taxation according to the current regulations. The prize-winners shall be presented with „The Diploma of a Prize-winner”, other participants shall receive „The diploma of participation”. The prize-winners are obliged to perform in the Prize-winners’ Concert.
8. The Competition Jury
The names of the jurors will be announced at a later date. The Jury acts pursuant to The Regulations of the Jury of the 11th Andrzej Krzanowski Accordion Competition. The decisions of the Jury are irrefutable, final and are not subject to appeals.
9. Audiovisual documentation
The Organisers of the Competition reserve the right to record the auditions and to publish them free of charge on the internet, radio and television, and to use the photographic documentation of the competition for promotional purposes.
10. The accommodation and board expenses.
The travel, accommodation and board costs are covered by the participants. The organisers cover the costs of accommodation for the prize-winners of the soloists category on October 1st/2nd/3rd , and for the prize-winners of the chamber ensembles category on October 2nd/3rd.
11. The address of the Competition
The 11th Andrzej Krzanowski Accordion Competition
Miejski Dom Kultury
ul. Niepodległości 42
43-502 Czechowice – Dziedzice
Phone/fax + 48 32 215 32 85
12. Additional information
Additional information concerning the competition may be given by:
related to the programme: Grażyna Krzanowska, phone: 502 36 00 44 and Jagna Krzanowska,
phone: 535 99 50 44, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– issues related to organization: the Secretariat of the Municipal Culture Centre, phone/fax: 0 32 215 32 85,
1. In relation to the cooperation regarding the organisation and conducting of the competition under the name of the 11th Andrzej Krzanowski Accordion Competition and the 25th Autumn Music Festival Alkagran‘2020, The Czechowice – Dziedzice Municipal Culture Centre based in Czechowice-Dziedzice, Niepodległości 42, tax identification number (NIP): 6520012432, statistical identification number (REGON): 000286864 and Grażyna Krzanowska doing business as “MAŁA AKADEMIA MUZYKI” KRZANOWSKA GRAŻYNA, Adama Mickiewicza 28, 43-502 Czechowice-Dziedzice, tax identification number (NIP): 6521037368, statistical identification number (REGON): 272044989 have reached an appropriate agreement in a separate document with regard to the joint control of the processing of personal data, in which the extent of responsibility concerning fulfilling the obligations arising out of GDPR has been determined.
2. The joint controllers of personal data are:
– The Czechowice – Dziedzice Municipal Culture Centre based in Czechowice-Dziedzice, Niepodległości 42, tax identification number (NIP): 6520012432, statistical identification number (REGON): 000286864
– Grażyna Krzanowska doing business as “MAŁA AKADEMIA MUZYKI” KRZANOWSKA GRAŻYNA, Adama Mickiewicza 28, 43-502 Czechowice-Dziedzice, tax identification number (NIP): 6521037368, statistical identification number (REGON): 272044989.
3. In matters relating to personal data, it is possible to reach the following e-mail address:
4. By entering the competition, the participant agrees to:
a) the processing of their personal data for the purposes of organising and conducting the 11th Andrzej Krzanowski Accordion Competition Alkagran 2020 and publishing information about the results of the competition, as well as for the promotional purposes of the competition and making their name and surname publicly known with regard to participating in the competition in all announcements, notices and information about it and its results, as well as the preparation of biographical information,
b) the use, exploitation and dissemination of their image, recorded by any technique on any medium (including photographs and video footage) by the Joint Controllers, provided free of charge for the purposes of the 11th Andrzej Krzanowski Accordion Competition Alkagran 2020 and its promotion. This consent is free of charge and not limited in quantity, time or place. For the purposes of the competition the image may be used for different forms of digital processing, cropping and graphic composition, as well as juxtaposed with the images of other people, it may be accompanied with a comment, and the video footage including it may be cut, modified, and added to other content created for the purposes of the competition and for informational purposes. This consent relates in particular to the publication of the participant’s image recorded during the participation in the competition: in media, social networking sites and websites. This consent includes all forms of publication, in particular publishing information on the Internet (i.e. on the Czechowice-Dziedzice Municipal Culture Centre’s websites, on the websites maintained by Grażyna Krzanowska doing business as “MAŁA AKADEMIA MUZYKI” KRZANOWSKA GRAŻYNA and on the websites of the competition, i.e. www.alkagran.pl) and publishing information in promotional and informational materials. The participant’s image may not be used in a form or publication which might cause offence or infringe on the participant’s personal rights.